Total CE Credit Hours: 8
Course Info URL: https://www.addictioncounselorce.com/courses/102983
About the Course:
This book is written both for supervisors and for supervisees in the human service and helping professions. The author uses his experience as a social worker and social work manager to help supervisors and supervisees understand the supervisory process, the pitfalls that are common to each role, and the tips and techniques that will help both parties make the most of their respective positions. Learning and mastering the art of supervision – from both perspectives – contributes to an organization’s ability to provide the best and most responsive care to its clients and patients.
This course is based on the book, Supervision: A Guide for the Helping Professions created by Chris Beckett in 2021.
Course Material Author
Counselors, marriage and family therapists, psychologists and social workers. This course is appropriate for all levels of knowledge.
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Differentiate between the two primary types of supervision, the components of each, the circumstances in which each is appropriate, and the typical issues that are unique to each type.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the supervisory cycle, the parties who are involved during each stage, and the behaviors or characteristics that are common when a supervisor or supervisee is stuck in a particular stage of the cycle.
- Identify the personal drivers and patterns of thinking and behaving which will contribute to your performance in the supervisory relationship.
- Name the games that supervisors and supervisees might play in the supervisory relationship, and the personal needs which are being met through these games.
- Predict some of the problems that might arise during a supervisory relationship, and generate strategies to avoid or rectify them.
All exam questions for the course are visible on this page for members of Addiction Counselor CE.
If you're already a member, please sign in to see the exam questions for this and all other courses.
Is this course approved for my continuing education requirements?
Yes, most likely. Look Up Your State Board for more detailed information. Logged-in site members will see the relevant approval information displayed in the Approvals tab for every course.
Do you have accommodations for my disability (ADA)?
If you are having trouble using Addiction Counselor CE, please contact us! We would be happy to accommodate your needs right away, and your input will help us make Addiction Counselor CE more accessible for future users too.
How do I enroll in this course?
Use the Enroll In This Course button and just follow the instructions! You don't pay anything until you're ready to take an exam.
What do I have to do to complete the course?
To complete the course, review the course objectives, then review the material, and then pass the exam with a score of 75% or greater and lastly complete an evaluation.
How do I access the materials?
Most of our courses are based on online articles available for free to the public. Some courses, such as those based on books, require that you purchase the material. Use the Materials tab above for more info. You don't need to enroll in the course to access materials, whether free or paid. So you always know what you're getting into before you commit to taking the exam.
How do I get my certificate?
Your certificate(s) will be available to download or email immediately when you pass the course exam and complete the evaluation.
Can I contact you for more help?
Yes! Use the Help widget at the bottom-right of the screen anywhere on Addiction Counselor CE to search our help docs, or to ask our support team for help. Unlike most of our competitors, Addiction Counselor CE has live US-based support reps to help you by email, chat, or phone.