Total CE Credit Hours: 5
Course Info URL: https://www.addictioncounselorce.com/courses/100985
To help ensure your CEs are relevant to your practice, we regularly retire courses that are no longer current. This course has been retired. It is no longer available.
We add new courses all the time. Try these categories:
About the Course:America’s leading interventionist wants to share his knowledge. This book will help readers understand that:
- Sooner or later, one way or another, alcoholism touches everyone.
- Alcoholics are unable to self-diagnose their illness and are therefore unable to help themselves.
- Alcoholics drink even when past experience, prudence and logic prohibit it.
- Chemically dependent people do not get clean and sober without some form of intervention.
- Virtually all interventions set positive changes into motion.
This course is based on the book, When They Won’t Quit: A Call to Action for Families, Friends, and Employers of Alcohol and Drug-Addicted People created by Bruce Cotter
Course Material Author
This course is recommended for health care professionals, especially addiction counselors, psychologists, mental health counselors, social workers, and nurses who seek knowledge about chemical dependency and intervention strategies. It is appropriate for all levels of participants' knowledge.
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Identify signs and symptoms of chemical dependency and the progression of the disease.
- Explain why those close to a chemically dependent person must intervene and attempt to halt the course of the addiction.
- Describe the steps involved in planning and executing an intervention encounter.
- Discuss the role of family and friends during and after the chemically dependent person undergoes treatment.
All exam questions for the course are visible on this page for members of Addiction Counselor CE.
If you're already a member, please sign in to see the exam questions for this and all other courses.
Is this course approved for my continuing education requirements?
Yes, most likely. Look Up Your State Board for more detailed information. Logged-in site members will see the relevant approval information displayed in the Approvals tab for every course.
Do you have accommodations for my disability (ADA)?
If you are having trouble using Addiction Counselor CE, please contact us! We would be happy to accommodate your needs right away, and your input will help us make Addiction Counselor CE more accessible for future users too.
How do I enroll in this course?
Use the Enroll In This Course button and just follow the instructions! You don't pay anything until you're ready to take an exam.
What do I have to do to complete the course?
To complete the course, review the course objectives, then review the material, and then pass the exam with a score of 75% or greater and lastly complete an evaluation.
How do I access the materials?
Most of our courses are based on online articles available for free to the public. Some courses, such as those based on books, require that you purchase the material. Use the Materials tab above for more info. You don't need to enroll in the course to access materials, whether free or paid. So you always know what you're getting into before you commit to taking the exam.
How do I get my certificate?
Your certificate(s) will be available to download or email immediately when you pass the course exam and complete the evaluation.
Can I contact you for more help?
Yes! Use the Help widget at the bottom-right of the screen anywhere on Addiction Counselor CE to search our help docs, or to ask our support team for help. Unlike most of our competitors, Addiction Counselor CE has live US-based support reps to help you by email, chat, or phone.