Total CE Credit Hours: 8
Course Info URL: https://www.addictioncounselorce.com/courses/100591
About the Course:
Best Practices Guideline provided by the Center for Substance Abuse Treatment(CSAT). Presents information on how to conduct treatment specifically tailored to adolescents and on common and effective treatment components.
This course is based on the reading-based online article, Treatment of Adolescents With Substance Use Disorders created by Center for Substance Abuse Treatment in 2006.
Course Material Author
This course is recommended for social workers, counselors, psychologists, and other human services and behavioral health professionals who seek knowledge about treatment for adolescents with substance use disorders. It is appropriate for participants with intermediate to advanced levels of knowledge about the topic.
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- increase understanding of differences between adolescent and adult substance abuse, and how this translates into differences in general treatment approach
- outline the key points involved in treating adolescents, regardless of theoretical orientation, including being effectively knowledgeable about general program characteristics recommended for any program working with adolescents.
- outline both shared and unique components of adolescent treatment programs based upon 12 Step, Therapeutic Community, and Family Therapy models.
- master the concepts involved in the most important legal and ethical issues regarding substance abuse treatment of adolescents, especially those pertaining to consent to treatment and disclosure of confidential information.
- increase knowledge of the unique treatment issues presented by youths with coexisting disorders, various sexual orientations, involvement in the criminal justice system, and displaced housing situations.
All exam questions for the course are visible on this page for members of Addiction Counselor CE.
If you're already a member, please sign in to see the exam questions for this and all other courses.
Is this course approved for my continuing education requirements?
Yes, most likely. Look Up Your State Board for more detailed information. Logged-in site members will see the relevant approval information displayed in the Approvals tab for every course.
Do you have accommodations for my disability (ADA)?
If you are having trouble using Addiction Counselor CE, please contact us! We would be happy to accommodate your needs right away, and your input will help us make Addiction Counselor CE more accessible for future users too.
How do I enroll in this course?
Use the Enroll In This Course button and just follow the instructions! You don't pay anything until you're ready to take an exam.
What do I have to do to complete the course?
To complete the course, review the course objectives, then review the material, and then pass the exam with a score of 75% or greater and lastly complete an evaluation.
How do I access the materials?
Most of our courses are based on online articles available for free to the public. Some courses, such as those based on books, require that you purchase the material. Use the Materials tab above for more info. You don't need to enroll in the course to access materials, whether free or paid. So you always know what you're getting into before you commit to taking the exam.
How do I get my certificate?
Your certificate(s) will be available to download or email immediately when you pass the course exam and complete the evaluation.
Can I contact you for more help?
Yes! Use the Help widget at the bottom-right of the screen anywhere on Addiction Counselor CE to search our help docs, or to ask our support team for help. Unlike most of our competitors, Addiction Counselor CE has live US-based support reps to help you by email, chat, or phone.