Congratulations on completing CDCA Preliminary certification! For CDCA Renewable certification, OCDPB requires 30 credit hours in courses that build on the Preliminary certification. Note: You must earn the CDCA Preliminary before you can work on the Renewable.
For an overview of the CDCA process, see the OCDPB page . To apply for your CDCA Renewable you must hold the Preliminary certification for 10 months. However, you can start working on your credits as soon you have been granted Preliminary certification by OCDPB.
Completing your CDCA Renewable requirements:
Sign up for the CDCA Renewable curriculum with the button below.
Complete the courses listed in the CDCA tab in your account.
When you're done with all of the required courses, we'll generate the education grid to submit in your application to OCDPB.
Please note: Addiction Counselor CE is not part of the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board (OCDPB). If you have questions about the requirements and certification process, contact the board directly .
If you have any questions, please feel free contact us. Our support staff have worked with hundreds of other CDCA applicants and we're happy to help you along the way.
The Course List
Click each content area for the list of courses in that area. Note: you can take more courses too! Addiction Counselor CE offers hundreds of courses that you may be interested in.
C1 Substance Use Disorder (SUD) & Recovery Knowledge, 5 hours
- Addiction As a Choice?, 2 hours
- TIP 59-Improving Cultural Competence-Drug Cultures and the Culture of Recovery, 1.5 hours
- Facing Addiction in America: Chapter 2 - The Neurobiology of Substance Use, Misuse, and Addiction, 1.5 hours
C2 Counseling Procedures & Strategies working with SUD, 8 hours
- TIP-29 Substance Use Disorder Treatment For People With Physical and Cognitive Disabilities-Overview of Treatment Issues, 1.75 hours
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy and Alcohol Treatment, 1.25 hours
- TIP34- Brief Interventions and Brief Therapies for Substance Abuse-Brief Cognitive Behavioral Therapies, 3 hours
- TIP 35-Enhancing Motivation for Change in Substance Use Disorder Treatment-Increasing Commitment and Initiating Change, 2 hours
C3 Group Process & Techniques, 5 hours
- Group Therapy for Substance Use Disorders-A Survey of Clinician Practices, 1 hour
- TIP 41-Substance Abuse Treatment-Group Therapy-Criteria for Placement and Group Development, 3 hours
- Individual Versus Group Female-Specific Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Alcohol Use Disorder, 1 hour
C4 Assessment & Diagnosis of Addiction, 3 hours
- TIP 31-Screening and Assessing Adolescents for Substance Use Disorders-Screening and Assessment, 3 hours
C8 Treatment Planning, 6 hours
- TIP 44-Substance Abuse Treatment for Adults in the Criminal Justice System-Treatment of Offenders Under Community Supervision, 2 hours
- Tip 56 Addressing the Specific Behavioral Health Needs of Men-Working With Specific Populations, 3 hours
- TIP 59-Improving Cultural Competence-Culturally Responsive Evaluation and Treatment Planning, 1.25 hours
C9 Legal and Ethical Issues Pertaining to SUD Professionals, 3 hours
- Ethical Models, 3.5 hours