Total CE Credit Hours: 5
Course Info URL: https://www.addictioncounselorce.com/courses/101077
About the Course:
For many clients, 12-step programs have played a crucial role in their recovery and helping them manage their addictive behaviors. This course gives psychologists, therapists, counselors, social workers, and clinicians the tools and resources they need to fully utilize these peer therapy program techniques in treating a wide variety of addictions. The textbook comes with a CD.
This course is based on the book, Integrating the 12 Steps Into Addiction Therapy: A Resource Collection and Guide for Promoting Recovery created by James R. Finley
Course Material Author
This course is recommended for health care professionals, especially addiction counselors, psychologists, mental health counselors, social workers, and nurses who seek knowledge about integrating 12-step work into therapy. It is appropriate for all levels of participants' knowledge.
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Provides clear explanations and practical tools for clinicians who are considering integrating 12-step participation into their work with clients who want to learn more.
- List 27 therapeutic homework assignments pertaining specifically to 12-step work and 8 lesson plans for psychoeducational groups on topics relating to the 12 steps in early recovery.
- Integrates in-depth discussion of the 12-step programs with hands-on resources like homework, treatment plan examples, and patient handouts.
- Outlines the 12 steps and 12 traditions with notes on adaptations made by various 12-step programs addressing different addictive problems.
- Provides a partial list of recommended books and films for professional reference, self-education, and bibliotherapy or videotherapy.
All exam questions for the course are visible on this page for members of Addiction Counselor CE.
If you're already a member, please sign in to see the exam questions for this and all other courses.
Is this course approved for my continuing education requirements?
Yes, most likely. Look Up Your State Board for more detailed information. Logged-in site members will see the relevant approval information displayed in the Approvals tab for every course.
Do you have accommodations for my disability (ADA)?
If you are having trouble using Addiction Counselor CE, please contact us! We would be happy to accommodate your needs right away, and your input will help us make Addiction Counselor CE more accessible for future users too.
How do I enroll in this course?
Use the Enroll In This Course button and just follow the instructions! You don't pay anything until you're ready to take an exam.
What do I have to do to complete the course?
To complete the course, review the course objectives, then review the material, and then pass the exam with a score of 75% or greater and lastly complete an evaluation.
How do I access the materials?
Most of our courses are based on online articles available for free to the public. Some courses, such as those based on books, require that you purchase the material. Use the Materials tab above for more info. You don't need to enroll in the course to access materials, whether free or paid. So you always know what you're getting into before you commit to taking the exam.
How do I get my certificate?
Your certificate(s) will be available to download or email immediately when you pass the course exam and complete the evaluation.
Can I contact you for more help?
Yes! Use the Help widget at the bottom-right of the screen anywhere on Addiction Counselor CE to search our help docs, or to ask our support team for help. Unlike most of our competitors, Addiction Counselor CE has live US-based support reps to help you by email, chat, or phone.