Total CE Credit Hours: 7
Course Info URL: https://www.addictioncounselorce.com/courses/100911
To help ensure your CEs are relevant to your practice, we regularly retire courses that are no longer current. This course has been retired. It is no longer available.
We add new courses all the time. Try these categories:
About the Course:
Based on the experiences of thousands of successfully recovering addicts and alcoholics, Passages Through Recovery presents an action plan for preventing relapse. This course will provide a greater understanding of how recovery works and what is needed to move from active addiction to sobriety.
This course is based on the book, Passages Through Recovery: An Action Plan for Preventing Relapse created by Terence T. Gorski, MA, CAC
Course Material Author
This course is recommended for health care professionals, especially addiction counselors, psychologists, mental health counselors, social workers, and nurses who seek knowledge about addiction and recovery. It is appropriate for all levels of participants' knowledge.
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Explain how recovery typically unfolds and list what steps recovering addicts and alcoholics can take to help them move from active addiction to sobriety.
- Identify the patterns that emerge in the recovery process throughout early, middle and late recovery.
- Achieve a better understanding of how family of origin problems effect recovery from addiction.
- Formulate the skill set necessary for achieving long-term sobriety that is anchored in finding meaning and purpose in life.
- Recognize each of the challenges and levels of denial that arise in recovery that can cause frustration, isolation and eventually lead to relapse.
- Become familiar with designing intervention plans that address specific individual recovery issues in various recovery stages.
- Summarize the recovery process and differentiate between abstinence and sobriety.
- Gain knowledge of the specific recovery issues that arise in long term sobriety and outline specific needs and goals for those with decades in recovery.
All exam questions for the course are visible on this page for members of Addiction Counselor CE.
If you're already a member, please sign in to see the exam questions for this and all other courses.
Is this course approved for my continuing education requirements?
Yes, most likely. Look Up Your State Board for more detailed information. Logged-in site members will see the relevant approval information displayed in the Approvals tab for every course.
Do you have accommodations for my disability (ADA)?
If you are having trouble using Addiction Counselor CE, please contact us! We would be happy to accommodate your needs right away, and your input will help us make Addiction Counselor CE more accessible for future users too.
How do I enroll in this course?
Use the Enroll In This Course button and just follow the instructions! You don't pay anything until you're ready to take an exam.
What do I have to do to complete the course?
To complete the course, review the course objectives, then review the material, and then pass the exam with a score of 75% or greater and lastly complete an evaluation.
How do I access the materials?
Most of our courses are based on online articles available for free to the public. Some courses, such as those based on books, require that you purchase the material. Use the Materials tab above for more info. You don't need to enroll in the course to access materials, whether free or paid. So you always know what you're getting into before you commit to taking the exam.
How do I get my certificate?
Your certificate(s) will be available to download or email immediately when you pass the course exam and complete the evaluation.
Can I contact you for more help?
Yes! Use the Help widget at the bottom-right of the screen anywhere on Addiction Counselor CE to search our help docs, or to ask our support team for help. Unlike most of our competitors, Addiction Counselor CE has live US-based support reps to help you by email, chat, or phone.